Because Tuesday came way to soon!
1. My mom is coming to visit in roughly 5 days and 13 hours...Yeah!
2. Did you see who was in Kalamazoo on Monday night? Yup, President Obama! Kalamazoo Central High School was chosen among 8 other schools to have the President give the commencement speech at graduation. Pretty neat! Kalamazoo has the Kalamazoo Promise, which I think gave them extra bonus points to win. The Promise is a pledge by a group of anonymous donors to pay up to 100% of tuition at any MI state college/university for graduates of KZOO public schools. How cool is that?
3. Have you gone and watched Food, Inc. yet? I was serious when I said it it will change your life! In relation to this, I saw a blog post on Positively Splendid about "The Dirty Dozen and Clean 15". I knew there was a Dirty Dozen, but I had never heard of the Clean 15! Included in her post is a cheat sheet for you to download and slip into your purse for your next grocery shopping trip. Good Stuff! Side note: I made this planter after seeing it on her blog. No pics of mine quite yet.
THIS also gives a little more information on the subject.....so freakn' gross, but good to know.
4. The boys and I took a road trip this morning to our local Habitat for Humanity Restore. I had recently discovered that these existed during a blog lurking. Wow! It's kinda like a Goodwill, but bigger and more warehousey (not a word, I know). Tons of good stuff can be found there though, basically, anything house, for example, sinks, toilets, cabinets, trim, lights, rugs, furniture, mirrors, frames, desks, chairs, etc. I walked away with only two picture frames, but I saw many different pieces with some BetterAfter potential.
5. Jack had his "First Shave" last week. I have this great picture of Pat doing the same when he just Jack's age, but my scanner was not cooperating tonight. Jack has already asked a couple of times if he can shave again!
6. I'm starting to have a thing for fabrics. I don't know how to sew nor do I own a sewing machine, but I still have this thing. A sort of "love, but could turn into an obsession" sort of thing. Maybe I should buy myself a present and when my mom is here she can teach me how to use it? This would then justify this "thing" I am starting to have for fabrics.
7. Another item on the "To Do" list (when my mom is here) is make Strawberry Freezer Jam. I absolutely L-O-V-E freezer jam. It's so yummy and so reminds me of my childhood. Local Michigan grown strawberries are already being sold like crazy around here, so I better get going with this one.
8. Just cause......
9. I have been having a cooking rut lately! The last couple of weeks, I have felt as though I am always making the same things for dinner coupled with the fact that we are usually outside playing and taking advantage of the nice weather during the time in which I would/should be cooking dinner. Which then leaves little time to actually make something good. A cooking blog that I frequent, For the love of cooking, came to my rescue the other day and I made this because I knew Pat and the boys would gobble it right up. And they did, especially O-Man.
Other blogs that have come to my rescue for new and yummy cooking ideas:
1. Pat's cousin's wife, Jane's blog: See Jane Blog.....lot's of yumminess found there!
10. It's now way past my bedtime and I use way too many of these: !!!!!!!!