1. We had a nasty strain of Strep Throat take down each one of our kiddos this past week. First it was Owen then 48 hours later it was Jack then 5 hours later it was Adelyn. Each of them just wanted to snuggle and sleep for two days which I was totally fine with. Although it is not fun to have sick munchkins, it is nice to slow down life for a bit and fill our days with movies, Play-doh and books...minus the episode of "clean up in the main aisle near the men's department" at Target. I could have done without that..ewe.
2. I have this cooking in the crock pot for dinner. So very fall of me..smells delish!
4. Jack informed me last night the he will be calling me "Mom" from now on because that is what big kids say, only little kids and babies say, "Mommy". I may have shed a small tear upon hearing that.
For documentation purposes, he lost his first tooth at the beginning of September. His second tooth will be lost shortly! He tells everyone and I mean everyone (grocery store clerk, waitress, random person on a walk by our house, etc) about his missing tooth. It's a big deal, ya'll!
5. Seeing that it is just about Christmas as Target and Kohls and Michaels and everywhere, I thought I would let you know that these are the two best (aka most played with) presents Santa has ever brought our kids...
Just last week, I finally spruced up my mantel for Fall. I used this mantel as my inspiration and I followed this tutorial to make my peacock and gold wreath. As for everything else, either I had it laying around or it was purchased at Pier 1 or Home Goods. As you can see, I'm really digg'n gold lately. I love it! I am now trying to find ways to use it all over my house, my wardrobe and maybe even Addy's wardrobe. Anyway, the "Happy Fall" banner, I found at Target in the scrapbooking/crafting aisle. It is actually a Happy Halloween kit that I changed up after I spotted that was just what a blogger had done here. So brilliant!
The combination of Gold, Silver, Green, Black and White = "Ohhh....Ahhhh!"
We also did a little weekend project called Planking the Mantel. I love it so! We desperately needed to do something to break up the builder beige. It's everywhere!! And I think it was a good first step...now, what else can we plank?
1. I may have lost cool yesterday morning. The fighting between two I-won't-name-names- brothers
had reached an all time high and I couldn't take it one more second.
I'm still processing how I handled it because there may have been a small amount of yelling
on my part, which of course, I feel horrible about now. My other healthy-awesome mom tactics were no longer working. I did
read this today and it made me feel a little better. Please..someone..anyone...tell me that you have these moments.
I do love these little munchkins!
2. We invested in the Nutribullet
last weekend after a raving recommendation from Pat's sister that it is the "greatest item she has ever
purchased at Target". Well, I find awesome goodies at Target with every
visit, which is practically everyday. My collection of ballet flats could attest to that! So, I was slightly skeptical plus we have a cheapest version out there juicer
already. Well my friends, she was right! The Nutribullet is ah-mazing!
All of us, including the kids, have really gotten into making juices and
smoothies almost everyday. This Nurtibullet Fun Pinterest page has helped us be creative. Goodbye Juicer and your loud, messy, have to buy bulk produce at Costco ways...Hello Nurtibullet.
3. I haven't been one to wear a lot of animal prints. I have this and these which I actually love wearing, but anything more (aka bigger...aka covers one half of my body) scares me. Only because I'm never sure if I'm wearing animal print right or if I'm a correct age to even be wearing it. Well, I found this super cute leopard printed sweatshirt from the Loft at their 40% off sale two weeks ago and I decided to give it a chance. I'm in love. I have it on right now and I may have worn it yesterday as well. Psst..they are having a 40% sale today and tomorrow. I may have just gone to buy this..in a couple colors.
4. Jack and I have read two great chapter books recently. The first was Three Tales of My Father's Dragon , which was a great story of adventure and perfect for his age. The second, The One and Only Ivan,
was a wonderful story filled with heart and lessons that made
us laugh and cry (that was me..cried big tears that Jack wiped away for
me). It may have been a bit big for Jack, but we talked a lot about each
chapter as we read. What next? After a field trip to Gibbs Farm this past Monday, I decided it is time for Little House on the Prairie and I got the Boxcar Children next in line.
6. And while I'm on food...I crave a couple meatless dinners every week. The past two Mondays, we have deemed Meatless Monday and I have made the exact same meal because it is soooo darn good that I could probably eat it everyday...for lunch and dinner.
I put Dave's Gourmet Butternut Squash pasta sauce (Super Target) over gnocchi with a bunch of roasted vegetables (onion, sweet peppers, asparagus, etc) and Parmesan cheese. It is ah-mazing! I need to figure out a way to replicate it here in my own kitchen because it is a smidge expensive to be having for lunch and dinner everyday.
7. This girlie would eat only dill pickles, cheese, eggs, popcorn and avocados if it were up to her. She stands at the fridge, begging me to open it for "peekles and cados".
8. Here's a little sneak peak at the bookshelf/future dollhouse we repurposed for Addy.
9. I'm scheming to create a desk space like this for Jack and Owen. So Cool!