Here is what the chair looked like sitting all alone at the dump.
It was dirty, a little smelly, and it had a few cracks.
But, I just loved it..look at the details in the wood!
And I was in need of a new desk chair for my new
crap craft desk area/guest room.
Oh and free...I like free.
It took lots of sanding and I mean lots.
There was probably three coats of paint or stain under that white paint.
It then took just about two cans of black spray paint.
I also sprayed over the black paint with some gloss spray paint (name?) to give it some shine.
Jackers and I then worked as a team to pull apart the seat cushion.
I loosened the staples and he pulled them out with a pliers.
Side note: I love that he loves that kinda stuff.
There were three different fabrics to pull off.
Look at that yellow-greenish one, so 70's.
I think my parents had shag carpeting that same color in their house at one time?
I stapled some batting over that yellow-greenish cushion to give it some more "oomph" and then covered it with my fabric choice. Well, technically, I had originally covered it with a different, more colorful fabric, but wouldn't you know it, not 5 minutes after I did this, Mr. O-Man crawled onto it with a piece of wet chalk. Destroyed. I think it was a sign though because I like this one much better.
Here it is...
The room the chair is in is actually a butter yellow although in these pictures it looks tan or some version of that. I love the black, white and yellow together.
It makes me happy!
Now I just feel the need to say this.....
This project may seem super simple to many of you. Actually now that I have one under my belt, looking back, it was fairly easy. But, let me just say that I never thought I could do something like this...never. That was until I discovered all these amazingly creative bloggers out there in the world that showed me that I could and I can and I did and you can too!
I can't wait to show you what I made out of this little diddy...coming soon.