1. It was my birthday last Monday. I turned a whopping 34 years old and I'm handling this nother year older thang surprisingly well. The Snickers Birthday Cake that the boys and I made and ate might have eased the sting. And the overnight (sans kiddos) into the big city of Minneapolis for a play, dinner and massages that Pat planned all by himself, most definitely eased the sting.
2.We woke up this morning to the first major snowfall of the season! This made us all very happy, but especially Jack and Owen. They could shovel the snow with their Dad all.day.long.
3. But, they took a break to make a snowman and go sledding.
I'm so lucky to have these men (two littles and one big) in my life :)
4. Before we played in the snow, we decided to go see Santa Claus at the Jackson Street Roundhouse this morning. It was neat! They had trains for the kids to play with, model trains for the kids to see and old train cars for us to check out the inside. We probably could have gone on an actual train ride, but I think the amount of snow was making it difficult to keep the track clear.
We also listened to a narrated version of the Polar Express while aboard an old first class train car.
5. Also while there, I saw these two little cuties wearing the most adorable shirts. I just had to ask their mom where she got them or if she made them. She pointed me in the direction of her friend's Esty shop (of course!!) called Swanky Shank. Just adorable..seriously!
6. I just made these Roasted Chicken-Artichoke Calzones that I heard about here. Oh.my.goodness! These were absolutely delicious!!! I followed the recipe pretty closely except I used a Rotisserie Chicken, two cans of Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust (one for the bottom layer and one for the top layer..fill and fold) and extra sharp white cheddar cheese instead of provolone. This made enough for our family (boys loved..not kidding...gobbled them up) plus leftovers for the week. Super easy to make plus delicious plus kids will eat them plus leftovers for lunches....winner!
7. Gosh I almost forgot, we also went to the Holidazzle Parade with friends on Friday night. It worked out great...pizza dinner in Pat's office and then we walked down to find a perfect spot to watch the parade just as it was starting. Oh and there was a light snow falling too. Good times!!
8. I have been thinking about these ever since I saw them. Maybe for Christmas morning?
9. I better get to sleep, school might be called off tomorrow. That's what 10 plus inches of snow will do!
Addy usually falls asleep in my arms with her little hand up by her ear. It must be a comfort for her. A comfort she has had since she was in utero because she was doing the exact same thing in her 20-week ultrasound picture. Precious.