Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dentist Trip #1

Dear Jack,

After reading The Tooth Book 5 bazillion times and finally throwing away giving up your nuk (I know...I know, don't judge), you visited the dentist ("ventist" as you call him). I was excited for you as all your firsts are very exciting for your mommy to watch, but I was also nervous for you as all your firsts can be somewhat nerve-wracking for your mommy. You were a little nervous as well, as you kept telling me, "Mommy, let's go to the ventist tomorrow". Oh Jack, you did awesome! I was supremely proud of you as you did not display one ounce of fussing, whining or crying. You were all smiles and cooperation for the staff, but how could you not be when you got to wear some cool sunglasses and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on a television one foot away from your face! Owen and I sat right next to you for your moral support, but you didn't even need us. When you passed your appointment with flying colors, you picked out some prizes from the treasure chest and got your picture taken for the "cavity free" child board!. I have vivid memories of doing this when I was a child and I remember it being pretty neat, too. 



 





Because you did so great, we went for chocolate shakes after your appointment. You gobbled it right up!


Writing this to you makes mommy a little emotional! I know it's just a dentist appointment, but it's another first checked off your list. You are growing into a big boy right before my eyes and sometimes I wish I could make that stop, even if it's just for one day!

I'm proud of you bud. I love you!

Love, 
Momma

No comments: