Friday, February 5, 2010

Someday.....

I have paged through this book a few times during my random trips to Target. Well, I finally bought it. I read it to Jack today for the first time.  Tears..lots of tears swelled up in my eyes upon reading it. Maybe it is the winter doldrums I have been experiencing or maybe it is just  a really touching story or maybe it is because my boys are growing (up) into little people right before my eyes...or maybe it is all of the above?

It starts with, "One day I counted your fingers and kissed each one" and ends with "Someday, a long time from now, your own hair will glow silver in the sun. And when that days comes, love, you will remember me."

See what I mean?!?


Jack gave me lots of hugs and kisses when he saw the tears. 
He told me, "Mama, you will be okay...I love you."
More tears.

1 comment:

Anne Wallisch said...

Awwwwwwwwhhhhh! Love that boy!
HHKK GiGi