Friday, December 10, 2010

What we've been up to...version 3.

What we've been up to this past week....

 1. Despite our daily intake of all of the following, we were hit (and hit hard) with 'the gross, icky stomach flu bug'. I'll spare you the details, but it got to all four of us at relatively the same time and we were down for two whole days. It even interrupted my birthday weekend in Chicago with my girls! As soon as I got there, I turned around and had to come back home. I was so sad, so very sad!
But, the good thing (if there is one?) about the whole situation is now hopefully, 'the icky, gross stomach flu bug' of 2010 has now cleared our systems just in time for the holidays! We definitely don't want a repeat of last year!

2.  Jack officially learned to roll his tongue recently and he simply cannot stop doing it. It's now rubbing off on O-man and he thinks he's perfected the skill as well! It makes me giggle and reminds of the time when I was about 5 years-old and my older brother (9 or 10 years-old at the time) learned to make farting noises under his arm...that was an all night-no sleep event for him and his friends. I however, did not partake...gross!

 3. When I received my Christmas Ballard catalog in the mail, I was very excited! I opened it to this page and I knew immediately I had to recreate this ornament tree for my home!

So I did, the other day and here it is...

It's not exact, it's not as full, but I still love it.


I love all the bright colors! It just makes me smile!
4. We have been playing outside and shoveling the driveway a lot!
My two little snow-playing boys, so cute in their puffy get-ups. Seriously, it cracks me up!
When I saw this post, I thought "how could I not have noticed (especially after watching this movie 2000 times) the similarity in my own boys?"!
Too funny! 

After we play in the snow and our bodies are chilly, we warm up with....
Their new fav!

5. The boys are all about Play-doh! They are wanting/willing to play with this stuff all.the.time and sometimes will play with it for over an hour. This is perfect for when dinner needs to me prepared or a blog wants to be written.
Today, we made Christmas shapes or as Jack told me, "No momma, they are not called Christmas shapes, they are called Christmas things". Okay?

6. We also have been playing in our cardboard box-playhouse/farm/ship/space shuttle. 



 The boys are pretending to be farmers feeding corn (Honey-Nut Cheerios) to their chickens (the dogs).



Have your ever read Little Boy by Allison Mcghee? 
This sweet-sweet book about a little boy is a must-have that you will treasure forever, especially for all you mommas who have your own sweet little boys. 
In this book, the little boy's daily routine, "depends on his big cardboard box".


I'm off to get my Christmas shopping completed and solve my front door holiday wreath dilemma.
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anne Wallisch said...

I love the little look on Owen face with his snow gear on!
Also, that ornament tree is beautiful.........!
I think chickens like little "doggie" cookies too!
HHKK
GiGi