Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ten on Tuesday.

1. The plastic bag monster terrifies me.

I have visions of this 'monster' growing bigger and bigger with every year my babies get older and older! Ahhhh...I don't want this thing taking over! I have made a promise to myself to try my best to only use my reusable bags for all types of shopping. No plastic...I need to do my part in stopping this monster. So, related this, I have a great Christmas present for the green/trying to be green shopper in your life.

The tote includes three grocery bags, one produce bag and one everyday bag.
The tote clips right onto your grocery cart handle and voila, you're ready to go get some shopping done!
(without plastic.) I bought myself one last spring and it's great!

2. There are so many (and I mean so many) holiday candy and cookie recipes that I want to try, but there is so little time and so few mouths in this house to eat them all. What's a girl to do? Here are few that have my mouth watering...


Peppermint Fudge Cupcake Jars




I guess a girl better get baking!

3. Every morning, when I am getting ready for the day, O-bubs pulls on my pants leg and says, "Momma, up...Momma, uppy".
He wants to sit on the bathroom counter right next to me. He loves to play with my make-up and suck on the tube of toothpaste. I've grown very fond of this time we spend together each morning. It completes my day!

4. Speaking of my almost 2 year-old Owen (what...how can this be?), the daycare providers at our gym daycare call him 'Tornado'. And I agree, he is a little tornado right now.

(sorry about the wonky cell-phone picture)
He recently learned to use these rings we hung in our basement.Which by the way, are a.w.e.s.o.m.e. for little kids. Lots of energy can be released on them and what kiddo doesn't like to hang like a monkey!

5. I made Greek-Style Stuffed Chicken (do I capitalize that?) last night for dinner. It was so delicious. I just wanted to share for all my Greek loving/bored with your current chicken recipe peeps!

6. On a whim the other night, I decided to whip up some gingerbread houses (minus the actual gingerbread and add graham crackers) with the boys. Sometimes my whims work and sometimes they flop. 

Flop.

They were much more interested in eating the candy and could have cared less about making a cute house with windows, doors, and shutters made out of the candy.

I don't even think I have the energy to try it again this year.

7.  But, the next day Jackers made it all better for his Momma when he told me he was building me a house.

and 
when told me he was packing up his toys to give to "lots of other children who don't have any".
(so, he has been listening to my endless talk about what Christmas really means....)


Maybe we can give gingerbread houses(with actual gingerbread) another try.

8. This is an absolute must if you have small children who still believe.

9.And this is an absolute must, if you just want a really good laugh. Make sure to read the blogger's captions under each picture, very funny!

10.  Today, this made me smile...big.


2 comments:

Anne Wallisch said...

I love the last pic of Jack hauling Owen through the snow. This is a great Christmas Card shot!
AND, the preggers pics was horrible! Who would send those!
I know, I'm out of the loop on this!

Kelly Z said...

I LOVE the pregnant chicken website! That chick is so funny. And the pictures...ohhhh the pictures. Who does that?! Much needed laughter this afternoon :)