Thursday, December 16, 2010

Three Favorites.

My O-Bubs has three favorite things (besides his big brother, Gaw).
They are Nookie, Naanie and B-Boo...aka pacifier, blanket and monkey.

They are his loveys and he can't have one without the others. If he asks us for his Nookie, then you know he will be asking for his Naanie and B-Boo as well. They help him relax, they help him cuddle, they comfort him and they help him sleep (thank goodness!)

When Owen was a baby, he was a horrible sleeper. I'm pretty sure he did not sleep through the night consistently until he was about 12 months old. And that was after a few heart-wrenching tries of the cry-it-out method. At the time, he did not want anything to do with these three loveys and he would push them away. But, this Momma needed sleep (real bad!) so I kept giving them to him all.the.time. I just kept thinking, he needs something consistent in his crib to comfort and sooth him back to sleep. He needs something besides his Momma and a bottle. Miraculously (and to me it was a miracle after all those months of little sleep) and after a lot of crying and lovey pushing, it worked and he is now just the absolute best sleeper! 

At night, while I am rocking him, he asks to be put in his crib (he points to his crib and says, "creeeb") where he cuddles up with his three loveys and falls fast asleep. Funny thing is, now that he has gotten to this place, I don't want to let him go.

I want to hold him and cuddle him. I want to rock my baby and sing softly to him while we are holding hands. I want to hold on tight to him and to this precious time. This precious time when his three loveys are his favorites and he looks up at me with his big blue eyes like I am the best Momma in the whole world.

I hope he looks at me like that forever.






1 comment:

Anne Wallisch said...

Just like the book "My Baby You'll Be".
Hold on to these precious days, you can't get them back!
I remember rocking you that way and feeling the same way!
HHKK