Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ten on Wednesday.

1. I am writing this tonight, because I needed today to recover from yesterday. It was a rough one. I'm not even sure how to describe it other than to say this, the entire day was one major patience tester for me as a mother. The boys couldn't be away from each other, but when they were together all they did was bicker and fight. Also, their listening ears were turned down low for most of the day when I needed them turned up high. By mid-afternoon to let my brain rest and regroup, I had them separated in their rooms to play by themselves. To fight back my tears of failure, I sat at the counter eating Thin Mints dipped in chocolate pudding while perusing Pinterest. After my pity party, we headed outside to play which helped us all make it through the next three hours before bedtime.

2. Later on at bedtime, Jack had the hiccups making it impossible for him to sleep. I got him a cracker and a glass of water, in hopes that this would help cure him of those darn hiccups. It worked instantly. Jack's eyes lit up and he said to me, "Mommy, my hiccups are gone...you're a genius...I love you so much". And those sweet words helped me not cry myself to sleep in my quest for a worthless continued pity party.

3.  I whipped up a moss monogram this afternoon to help Springify my mantle.

This was sooo easy and it probably only took me 15 minutes. 
I was inspired by this tutorial.

Please excuse my picture as I was in a hurry.  And please excuse my wonky ribbon and bow as my mom is my ribbon and bow beautifier and she is out of town all week. I was trying to get a feel for it just as I needed to leave to get Jack from school. I'm not sure I will hang it this way, but I like it..a lot.


4. A sweet memory from my childhood is movie nights with popcorn and Orange Juliuses. We have popcorn in this house at least 3-4 times every week because Pat loves this as a nightly snack. However, I don't think I have made an Orange Julius since I was living under my parent's roof. But, when I came across this recipe, I had to try it out! I used half the amount of sugar (and next time, I would use even less) and it was deeeeelicious!

5. We planted wheat grass and it grew unbelievably fast.

Last week....



This week....



6. Tonight, Owen fell in the shower just as I was about to get him out. He cracked the side of his head on the tile pretty hard. And due to the looks of the mark/goose egg that resulted, if it had been just a smidge harder we would have made a trip to the E.R. tonight. He recovered surprisingly quickly, but of course, I have been mildly freaking out all night. Head injuries freak me out.
 Jack gave Owen a big hug and kissed his head. He told him, "Owen, whoever hurt their head tonight gets to pick out all the books Mommy is going to read to us". Hearing this makes me feel a little less of a failure and maybe, just maybe I am doing a few things right with my boys.

7. I am loving this wall decal/bookshelf as a potential addition to the baby's room.

8. Oh and plush owls. Oh.My.Goodness. Could they be any cuter!?!? For example, these, this and these.

9. Pat and I braved the crowds (serious crowds who were actually running into the theatre) and ventured out to an opening night showing of the movie The Hunger Games. We both loved it! Pat read the trilogy last year and he has been eagerly awaiting the release of the movie. To be honest, after I finished the books a couple months ago, so was I. The movie closely followed the book with a few minor exceptions, which I find to be rare in movie adaptations of books. But, if your debating on reading before seeing, I recommend reading first as it will make it all that much better. Basically, read the book as it's awesome and then see the movie as it's almost as awesome.

10. You would think that with this being my third baby, that I would be baby storied out. Oh no, not me..I can't get enough of them.

1 comment:

Anne Wallisch said...

The tree book shelf is so cute! Just darling!