Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ten.

1. In just this last week, complete strangers have started making comments to me on the fact that I'm pregnant. When I say, "making comments", I mean one of two scenarios....1. they either congratulate me or 2. they ask the standard triple question..."how far along are you?, when is your due date?, do you know what you're having?". I don't mind this at all because it finally means that I actually look pregnant and that I'm not just carrying around a growing beer belly. Also, being that this is my last time, I may be reveling in it a little ; )

 32.5 weeks!

2. Strangely enough, in just this last week while I have been out and about with my boys, I have noticed an increase in this following comment as well from complete strangers, "You sure do have your hands full!" I'm not too sure how to respond to this or if it's even worth it for me to do so. But, I always politely smile.

Yes, I know they are a hand-full, but they are little boys! My two little boys who are super outgoing, rambunctious, lovers of life and interested in everything and how it works. They are a lot of work, but the best kind of hard work. I'm not willing to not take them places as they need to experience life and learn how to be when we are around other people or running errands or eating at restaurants. Before I know it, this precious time will be gone and they will be all grown up. A sweet older couple came up to me after church on Sunday and commented on how cute they thought the boys were. They told me that they also have two boys, who are all grown up now. They said that seeing our boys reminded them so much of their own children and they reminded me about the fact that it goes by so fast. It was heartwarming listening to them.

I have also read this blog post a few times as it makes me feel as though I am not alone in this adventure we call raising children!


Okay, moving on!

3.  If you are a mushroom lover like muaw, then you must make this soup! I made it last week and we all enjoyed it. Yes, even my boys...well, Owen loved it and Jack liked it. I doubled the recipe to make four servings and we still had enough for leftovers, which I ate right up the next day for lunch. It was even better the second day.

4. Do you watch The Walking Dead? Pat got me hooked on this show season one-episode one, simply because he could not bring himself to watch it alone. I never thought I would watch a show like this let alone actually enjoy it. Now here I am two seasons in and loving it. I may cover my eyes a few times (those zombies are creepy), but it's sooo good. 

5. Jack did get back on his bike sans training wheels today. He rode it for about 10 minutes up and down our street. I held his bike while he hopped on and as I pushed him off to pedal on his own, I could hear him saying under his breath, "I think I can...I think I can". So freak'n sweet! I love this little boy so very much!

6. I whipped out my Martha Stewart stencils, finally! It's only been like eight months since I bought them...sheesh! Here's a little sneak peak...


7. We played outside this afternoon for 3 hours...new bubbles, new bubble wands and a new pack of chalk can be quite entertaining! So can the neighbors you haven't seen since November.

8. I am absolutely LOVING my new TOMS. They are so comfortable almost like wearing slippers all day long! Now, what color to buy next or maybe a wedge for summer?

9. Looking at this picture makes my mouth water...
Rasberry Beer Cocktail
Source: ACupofMai via Nicole via Pinterest

In time.

10. I did watch bits and pieces of this latest The Bachelor. I could never bring myself to sit down and watch an entire episode as I found it to be quite boring. This however, it quite funny...


No comments: