I do love these little munchkins!
3. I haven't been one to wear a lot of animal prints. I have this and these which I actually love wearing, but anything more (aka bigger...aka covers one half of my body) scares me. Only because I'm never sure if I'm wearing animal print right or if I'm a correct age to even be wearing it. Well, I found this super cute leopard printed sweatshirt from the Loft at their 40% off sale two weeks ago and I decided to give it a chance. I'm in love. I have it on right now and I may have worn it yesterday as well. Psst..they are having a 40% sale today and tomorrow. I may have just gone to buy this..in a couple colors.
4. Jack and I have read two great chapter books recently. The first was Three Tales of My Father's Dragon , which was a great story of adventure and perfect for his age. The second, The One and Only Ivan, was a wonderful story filled with heart and lessons that made us laugh and cry (that was me..cried big tears that Jack wiped away for me). It may have been a bit big for Jack, but we talked a lot about each chapter as we read. What next? After a field trip to Gibbs Farm this past Monday, I decided it is time for Little House on the Prairie and I got the Boxcar Children next in line.
That is a skunk on his head..he was pumped!
5. I have Iowa Girl Eats Chipolte Turkey Chili with Apples simmering as I type. It smells delicious! I also made her Pulled Pork Taquitos with Chipolte-Ranch Dipping Sauce (Crockpot for the win!) last weekend..awesome! Even my kids loved them (Two helpings for the win!).
6. And while I'm on food...I crave a couple meatless dinners every week. The past two Mondays, we have deemed Meatless Monday and I have made the exact same meal because it is soooo darn good that I could probably eat it everyday...for lunch and dinner.
I put Dave's Gourmet Butternut Squash pasta sauce (Super Target) over gnocchi with a bunch of roasted vegetables (onion, sweet peppers, asparagus, etc) and Parmesan cheese. It is ah-mazing! I need to figure out a way to replicate it here in my own kitchen because it is a smidge expensive to be having for lunch and dinner everyday.
7. This girlie would eat only dill pickles, cheese, eggs, popcorn and avocados if it were up to her. She stands at the fridge, begging me to open it for "peekles and cados".
8. Here's a little sneak peak at the bookshelf/future dollhouse we repurposed for Addy.
9. I'm scheming to create a desk space like this for Jack and Owen. So Cool!
10. My brother sent me this clip last week. It made me laugh..I hope it makes you laugh too! Cause it's a funny one!