Sunday, January 6, 2013

Jack is 6!

Jack turned 6 years-old. Whaaaattt?? Yep, it's true and it's simply crazy that my first born is already a 6 year-old. It seems just like yesterday that Pat and I were nervously taking him home from the hospital without a clue as to what to do or what our future would hold with this little cutie. Well, Jack taught us what to do and how to be parents. He changed our lives in the best way possible. Jack taught me how to love unconditionally with every part of my being. He taught me patience (and continues to teach me), something I had never been good at. Jack taught me how to not take everything so serious and in turn, laugh more. We laugh a lot in this house. He taught me how to be more present in the moment and enjoy the little things, like reading stories or playing board games. The messy kitchen can wait. I love this little boy with a love I never knew I had. 

Jack,
 you are sweet,
you are a thinker, 
you are kind, 
you are smart,  
you are sensitive, 
you are goofy,
you are energetic,
you are a lover of life
you are one awesome big brother
and you are mine.

You are the only Jack (insert full name) in the whole world and I am so lucky that you chose me to be your mom! 

I love you!


No comments: