Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Week 38

38 Weeks Pregnant
picture by Jack

Total Weight Gain: 40 lbs (yes, I did just admit to that)

Maternity Clothes: Yes, I have been wearing these for awhile now and I'm over them.

Stretch Marks: Just the few I have on my belly from my pregnancy with Jack. I have not gotten any new ones, thank goodness! I have religiously used my tummy butter ever night before bed.

Sleep: My sleep has actually been okay. As long as I can get myself all propped up and surrounded by pillows (so I can breath), I seem to sleep just fine. The major problem is waking up having to use the bathroom 1-3 times/night. I know what's coming, so I'll take it.

Best Moment of the Week: This was tonight and there were two moments. The first moment happened as we were watching American Idol and listening to one of the singers. Owen and I started dancing together and then he asked me to dance with the baby. I pulled up my shirt a bit and he danced with my belly. The second moment happened as I was laying with Jack in his bed snuggling before he drifted off to sleep. The baby got the hiccups and so Jack was able to lay his hand on my belly to feel them. He was simply amazed. 

Miss Anything: I miss have 100% of my energy. I miss being able to breath without feeling winded. And not gonna lie, I miss having a Corona every now and then.

Movement: All the time.

Food Cravings: Chocolate and Chinese

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. I just can't bring myself to eat Salmon after I prepare it and smell it cooking. 

Gender: We don't know!!

Labor Signs: Sunday and Monday night, I woke up having contractions that made me wince in pain, but they eventually subsided and I fell back asleep both nights. I haven't experienced them or any other signs since. I'm still only dilated to a one (have been for three weeks).

Belly button in or out: Out

Wedding rings on or off: They are on and actually, I have never had a problem with this.

Mood: Happy most of the time, but I have felt extremely emotional for the past few months. I have cried more with this pregnancy than the other two. It's actually makes me laugh to think back about the things I have cried over...chalk this up to pregnancy hormones.

Looking forward to: I'm so looking forward to meeting this baby! I'm looking forward to putting my worries at ease. I'm looking forward to loving up on my two boys during these next few days/weeks before the baby arrives. I'm looking forward to the boys meeting this baby and adjusting to a new way of life.

1 comment:

Anne Wallisch said...

Love this pic- could be the last one before this little babe enters the world!