Saturday, April 28, 2012

39 Weeks




39 Weeks
Picture by Jack


Okay Baby, you can come anytime. We are ready for you. 

I'm nesting around this house like crazy. The freezer (with meat), refrigerator (with the $50 worth of fruit I bought at Costco today) and pantry (with snacks, back-up snacks and oh, 3 jars of spaghetti sauce) are stocked full of food. All of the itty bitty onesies, socks and jammies have been washed and folded. 

The gear, such as the pack n' play, swing, and pump have been brought up from the basement and thoroughly cleaned (after Jack pointed out to me how dirty and gross they were..ewe!)

I'm constantly cleaning, picking up this house and keeping up on the laundry in preparation for when the contractions start (or maybe to help them start?)

I am drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea with a side of Evening Primrose Oil every chance I can get.

I'm trying to spend as much quality time with the boys as I can. I'm trying to remain as present/in the moment as I can with them when we are doing activities such as playing outside/at the park, Lego building, drawing and playing games/puzzles.
 
Last weekend, Pat threw me a surprise baby shower where I was able to celebrate this new baby with some of my closest girlfriends, sister-n-law and my mom. I am so thankful for all these amazing women in my life that made that afternoon so special. And I love my husband for planning such an event, it was so thoughtful of him.

This past week, we took the boys to a New Big Brother/Big Sister class at the hospital where I am going to deliver. At the time I signed them up, I just thought it would be fun for them to maybe do, but I honestly did not think we would even attend because the baby would have arrived already. Well, because that has not happened, we decided to give it a whirl. I am so glad we did because it gave each of them a little boost in the preparation for a new baby department. Pat and I talk about this new baby all the time, but I think it was good for them to hear it from somebody else, it seemed to resonate more.

I'm scared, nervous, tired, nervous and anxious. But most of all, I'm excited to meet this new baby!

I'm ready.

No comments: