Thursday, August 11, 2011

Friday Seven.

1. Jackers has been gone on a little vacay with his grandparents since Monday. He is spending the week at their cabin along two of this cousins. Although, I have not actually spoken to him (he never wants to talk on the phone when he is away from us...sniffle, sniffle), Grandma says their are having a real fun time. I miss him so much and I cannot wait to hug and smooch him tomorrow!

2. I am reading the book One Day by David Nicholls. It's actually the first book in a long while that I enjoy and have a hard time putting down. I just reached a pivotal point in the book last night and I have been thinking about what's going to happen all day. One Day, the movie, is also coming out this month in theaters. Love that!

3. Sometimes, in order to make it through a trip to the grocery store with a 2.5 year-old, you just need to give him a big, sprinkled doughnut. Do you hear that? No crying, no whining, so asking to get down and walk every 2 seconds, just the faint sound of a doughnut being eaten by a smiling child. Ahhh, so nice!

4. Just because...


5. There are a few things I miss about living in Michigan (crazy, I know) and one of them is The Lake.
Lake Michigan is so beautiful! It is an amazing place to be on a summer day. If you ever get the chance to go there, do it as you will not regret it!

6.Three words, Philadelphia Cooking Creme. Have any of you ever tried this? Oh my goodness, it is so delicious. I have tried Cooking Creme in pasta and enchiladas and loved the taste it brought to those meals. When I saw this recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to make it immediately and that is just what I did. I made mine without chicken just because I did not have any ready, but that's okay as it was still great! I think you can take this recipe and change it to whatever you like and/or make it different every time.

Quick, easy and delicious!

7. I have been having a blast with Owen over the last couple of days. He sure is a hoot, without his brother around his personality really shines! He got his staples on this week and he did great. They needed to come out as they were really starting to bother him. On a potty training note (cause ya'll are dying to know, wink!), Owen is doing fabulous. I truly never thought I would hear myself say that, but he is! He's basically potty-trained except for naps and nights, of course. Wow, am I ever smiling about this!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anne Wallisch said...

Can't wait to read this new book!
Cake pops anyone!
HHKK Gigi