Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Recipe: numero uno

Okay, so I don't think I have ever posted a recipe on my blog. Let me think....nope, I haven't. Being that we are on a little vacation (still!) and I am not in my own abode, my creative side (sick of hearing about this yet!) has had to take a slight vacation as well! In my attempt to maintain, I thought I would share a recipe.

My mom and I made this recipe the other night and it was LOVED by all of us! Pat had four, yes four helpings (hey, we are on vacation!) and my boys ate it up as well. What is it? It is a good ole' yummy casserole...so Wisconsin! This is super easy, super yummy and this one recipe actually made two meals for our family. Our slight modifications are in red.

Townhouse Cracker Chicken
3-4 Chicken Breast cooked in seasoned broth and cooled (or you can just bake the chicken @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes) and chopped into bite size pieces.
2 rolls Townhouse crackers
2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
1 1/2 sticks of butter (1 stick)
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup, sauteed onion
2 cups of broccoli 

1. Mix crushed crackers, poppy seeds and butter. Put 1/2 of this mix into a 9 x 13 pan. 

2. In a bowl, mix chicken, soups, sour cream and onions. Pour over cracker mixture.

3. Top with the rest of crumb mixture.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-60 (40-45) minutes until bubbly and brown.

We ate this with mashed sweet potatoes, which we all thought was a perfect pairing! Well, the adults did. Jack however, has an absolute dislike of anything mashed, so he conveniently left those on this plate.  

Magic Kingdom 2010
After eating Mickey Mouse ice cream bars.
I think they enjoyed them!

No comments: