2. The weather here today was beautiful. 80 degrees and sunny.
We took full advantage...oh yes we did!
3. We even ended the night with our first trip of the season to Nelson's. A child's size cup is literally four huge scoops of ice cream. Needless to say, the boys shared and so did we.
4. We worked on two projects this weekend.
Project Pat (for Nicole!)
*absolutely no natural light in this space..did the best I could*
Our front loader washer and dryer have been on the floor of our laundry room for the past year. This means I have been doing the laundry either bent over or on my hands and knees for the past year. Ouch...serious ouch! This was a dilemma that needed to be fixed and fixed pronto! This washer/dryer built-in cabinet was my inspiration and this plan was Pat's blue print to making it. We are still working on adding the trim, painting it and finding the right sized laundry baskets for underneath (bonus: laundry organization) so we are about 75% done. I'm absolutely loving being able to stand up straight to do the laundry. Oh the simple things in life!
More about this when it is 100% completed.
5. My mom and I took the boys to see Chimpanzee. It was such a great movie. This little chimpanzee named Oscar is just the cutest and he will be sure to pull at heartstrings when he loses his Momma. It all ends good. Although at the end of the movie, Jack told me, "Momma, I definitely never, ever want to be a chimpanzee". No worries there bud!
6. And one more thing...this is beautiful.