2. The boys had their first sleepover (purely for fun..not for Grandma babysitting duty) with my mom a few weekends ago. I can't even explain how excited they were for this experience, so here is a (crappy) cell phone picture of them to show, all ready to head out to Grandma's house.
It was only one night and they insisted on two things...1. having their own suitcases and 2. that mommy definitely could not come along
3. As part of my kid's creative space, I made this state art to represent where each of them were born. It's super easy...blank canvas, paint, scrapbook paper and Modge Podge. I heart these big time! However, you can also find an awesome "I love my state" free download from The Vintage Lemon. Just find your state, print and add a heart to the city you love! There is even a map of the United States for you travelers or movers....a la this.
4. Jack told me tonight that when he gets big, he wants to be a:
- Super Hero
5. I have made this recipe for Apple Smothered Pork Chops twice in the past couple of weeks. It was good the first time and even better the second!
6. I can confirm that the Pear Gorgonzola Salad is awesome. We add a few craisins and croutons with the pears (fresh if I can find a ripe pear...canned if not) and gorgonzola cheese...yum! It has become our new side salad with dinner.
7. As I type this, the baby is kicking me right at my belly button and has been for the past 15 minutes. Can't wait to meet you, my sweet little baby!
8. I am totally drawing inspiration from this nursery for a girl and this nursery for a boy.
I often tease the boys that I am going to give them a little shot that will stop them from getting big or getting another year older. They laugh at me and insist that they will get older and go off to college no matter what I do. Today, Owen had something Jack wanted. I overheard Jack tell Owen, "I'm going to give you a shot that will make you turn one year old again and make it so you can't be five like me Owen...so you better give that (fake dracula teeth) to me". Well, next thing I know, Owen is handing over the teeth. I guess he believes it when his brother teases him ; )
10. As a mother, a lover of babies and an owner of two dachsunds, this video gives me a good laugh each time I watch it. I think it will do the same for you!