Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

The boys and I had a busy day. We went to Owen's school and brought flowers for his teachers and Valentine's Day treats for his friends. We then went to gymnastics open gym so they could burn off some energy. They burned off so much energy that they both barely touched their lunches. I caught them staring off into the distance a few times, which is always a sign of exhaustion. I was determined to stay busy today, so we forged on. They both got haircuts and we ended our day with a big, ole delicious Valentine treat from here (special day means special treat despite the no lunch situation). It was a delight to spend the day with my boys and hearing Owen say, "Happy Balentine's Day" to everyone we encountered made it extra sweet.


Jack's Valentine's Day Treats
Super Hero Suckers.
Would you expect anything else? I found these on Pinterest and here is the free Super Hero printable. I prepped all the parts (uffda!) and Jack helped me put them together (and surprisingly was kinda into it).


Owen's Valentine's Day Treats
Sorry about this horrible picture..when I went to take it I realized my camera battery was dead, so I had to use my phone.

Thanks to Michelle's pin, I found these adorable fish bowls. I bought the printables through the Etsy seller, PBJ and J and the Swedish Fish from Target. I already had the baggies from a previous project..sweet. Owen thought the "fishie tweets" were pretty neat. And I must say they were super duper easy to make.

Hope your day was a little Valentine's Day special!!

1 comment:

Anne Wallisch said...

I love the sucker treats! What a great little "I love you"!