Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday List

1. I was going to do this post last night, but then Pinterest was on the fritz. You may be thinking, "this girl is dang crazy about that Pinterest". And I will say to you, "yes I know, I am!" Anyway, due to the fritz I was unable to reach some of the information I wanted to blog about! Pinterest = All Nicole's Bookmarks

2.  I may have also been sidetracked by a rather good episode of GLEE. This season has been lacking that "umph" that kept me coming back for more each week the first couple of seasons. Last night's episode, Mash-Up Madness (take two songs and combine them) was not great by any means, but the mash-ups are fun and hard to resist. This was my favorite due to the fact that Adele is the music I sing real loud and off-tune to by myself I turn up real loud in my car when I'm sans children.



3. Pot roast, a staple at the dinner table in the fall and winter has been on my list of recipes to make for about one month. Finally, this past Monday I made a classic version of pot roast using this new recipe.  Now go make yourself some pot roast...you will love it! Also, there are a bunch of great recipes on this blog, especially this one for cranberry cake with butter cream sauce. My mom makes this same exact recipe and it's deeelish!

4. Pat took the past two days off for vacation (a staycation) and it has been wonderful having him home mid-week! The first day was family fun day and it involved exercising, playing, napping and going to see the movie Puss in Boots. This was the first time our little family of four went to a movie all together. Owen sat on Pat's lap and ate popcorn the entire time while Jack sat on my lap. Side note, he never once asked to use the bathroom (a huge, huge accomplishment for him). The second day (today), the boys both had school so Pat and I used this as a day to just be together. We went out to breakfast, walked a hot-lap at Target and bought Christmas lights for our house (we always seem to leave them behind...see #8), got adjusted at the chiropractor together, prepped our yard for the winter and hung up the Christmas lights. I'm sad these days are over as they always go by so fast (when I'm having fun), but I'm so happy to have had them.

5. I have wanted to make a piece of art using reclaimed wood or pallets for so long. I can see something like this hanging above our bed...love it so!

This and This are pretty great too!

6. I ate a big bowl of Lucky Charms tonight. I feel very guilty about this decision.

7. 
Owen: Jack, you my brother, right?

     Jack: Yes, I'm your brother, Owen.

Owen: I love you Jackers.
Jack: I love you too.


8. I'm so glad I read this post about the idea of the present family. On a daily basis, being present, living in the moment and truly cherishing the small things with my boys is always an internal struggle that I battle. Mostly why I do this silly little blog is to remember what they boys did, what they said, what they wore on a particular day. But, in all the busy-ness we call life, it's always good to have a reminder to stop and play choo-choos a little longer.

9. As of a few days ago, XM channel 17 is officially the holiday station. The boys quickly caught onto this and so they request it every car ride. It's fun for now, but I'm sure by the second week in December is will have lost its luster with the adults in the car. I can listen to Dominic The Donkey only so many times before going completely bonkers!

On a related note,  Jack is currently obsessed with the Taylor Swift version of Last Christmas. He knows just the button to push on the holiday music kiosk at Target. He pushes this button over and over again and sings real loud to the small clip of Last Christmas without a care in the world as to who is watching or listening to him. It's truly precious as I'm sure in a year from now he might not be so carefree. I hope so though!

10. And last, but certainly not least, I was able to visit Sara, one of my best friends over the weekend. She recently moved with her cute little family to Fargo, ND for her husband's job. Weeks ago, she had her second baby...this cutie patootie! We had some great girl-time and baby snuggling time....wish this happened more often! I miss them already : (


1 comment:

Jane said...

Archer Farms has an American Simmer sauce (found in the condiment/sauce aisle) that is really good with pot roast...