Let's get up to speed on the happenings around here. We have decided not to build a home as it was starting to cost us too much time and money than our brains and wallets could handle. Two months into the house building process, we started hitting roadblocks that we were starting to read as bright neon signs that said, Turn Back...Do Not Enter...Stop. We were doubting if this was going to be the right decision for our family and so I decided to go out on a house search once again.
Mr. Glass Half Full (Pat) told Mrs. Glass Half Empty (Mwah) that he was sure I was going to find a gem that day and by golly, I did! I found a house that I loved, I knew Pat and the boys would love too and I could dream about us living there. Sooo, we made an offer and after some negotiating we got it accepted! New home...we can't wait to move into you in April!
3. Okay, one more house to discuss, our Michigan house. Here she is, in some of her post Christmas/ready to be put on the real estate market glory.
After living in this house for a little over two years, I must admit she holds a special place in my heart. Within her four walls and the yard that surrounds her, I brought a newborn baby home, I nursed my baby in a rocker while looking out that big window on the second floor, I learned how to cook (like kinda good) in the kitchen, I taught my son how to spell and write his name on the chalkboard painted on his bedroom wall, we taught this same son how to ride his bike in the driveway and how to swing a golf club in the grass, my baby learned to walk on her floors and we spent hours and hours giggling, dancing and playing with our boys both inside and outside. We created wonderful memories in this home, memories that we all will cherish forever.
So, when she was put up for sale, I was hoping that a potential buyer would see/feel the love that we put into her and want to call her Home as well (kinda corny, maybe?). Our home was on the market for just about 50 days and after numerous showings I was really starting to feel discouraged that we may never sell. The feedback was always the same, "we love the house, but we don't like seeing the backyard neighbors". Feedback...what a joke as all it did was frustrate us. That is a subject that I could go on and on about. Anyway, this past week we got an offer and after another round of negotiating we came to an agreement and we have an accepted offer. Sigh...what a relief! Fingers crossed please and/or add me to your prayer chains that this sees itself to a Sold sign in the front yard.
4. Now, for our new house. I don't have any pictures of the house, but I do have some decorating ideas brewing in my brain.
Inspiration for the boys' bathroom.
Canvas map for the boys' play area.
Art to commemorate our many moves.
A girlie space just for me...no toys allowed.
And "pops" of color throughout similar to this space.
Oh and a unique gallery wall going up my stairway.
Don't worry, Pat has already laid claim the unfinished basement. Hee-Hee.
5. Sheesh, #'s 1-4 sure did make me hungry. Do you happen to have any Girl Scout Cookies laying around your house? Specifically, Tagalongs? If your anything like me, the Tagalong box is the first to empty. But, if you still have a box laying around, why not pop them into some cupcakes.
6. I have not made these yet, but I keep thinking about them.
7. We are staying with my mom until we move into our new home. Grandma's house always brings new treasures to discover. The boys found some of my niece's princess garb and they were interested in what this pink, frilly stuff was (having little exposure to princesses). Tiaras and Heels?
This lasted approximately two minutes. Yes Jack, heels are not comfortable.
But, his Wolverine mask is.
8. Three fun projects to help the kiddos celebrate St. Patty's Day this week can be found Here and Here and Here.
9. Owen is doing more and more of this lately. He demands to be a "naked boy" and then every few minutes says, "Momma, potty." He runs into the bathroom, stands on the stool for one second and says, "all done". So far, we are 0 (potty in the toilet) and 63 (potty on the floor). Sigh.
He's so darn cute though.
10. Do you need some fresh, new ways to wear your scarf? Here are 12.
I'm digging the pretzel knot right now.
Happy Spring Forward...don't forget!