Thursday, October 21, 2010

Eight on Friday.

 Ramblings of what we've been up to lately....

 1. Hitting up the local pumpkin farms!




Playing in large cornboxes (is that what they are called?)...I love these things!

Climbing on hay bales...O-bubs loves these things.

Sliding...lots of sliding on this ginormous slide.
Jack-bubs loved this thing and may have shed a few tears when we had to say, "good-bye!"

But he also loves the zip line, so the tears were for this as well.
Ohhh my Jackers, he has pure excitement and enthusiasm for everything he does!
So good-byes can be hard even if it is only a slide.

2. Helping out poor little birdies, like this one...



She flew right into our window on her quest to somewhere as we were sitting right there eating dinner.
It took the little chaquita a good 10 minutes to re-orient herself.


I think the back-rubs provided by Jack did the trick!

Because after a few minutes of this, off she went up into the trees.

2. Stocking our freezer (well, not really...I only got about 5 jars from the 20 or so apples I used) with homemade applesauce.


Jack or I mean Superman, helped me core and slice the apples.


It's hard work. 
Thank goodness Superman has "big pects" as Jack likes to say.

 It was such hard work that he needed to refuel (by eating apples) while working


 and then taking a much needed two-minute rest when his work was done.


The Superman costume was a positive reinforcement/incentive to get Jack to stop having a certain type of accident in his pants. It worked....hallelujah!

4. Decorating for Halloween.

I did check this off my list from last weekend!
My lil' spider looks a little weak, but that's due to the fact that we have curious toddler living in this house who likes to destruct pretty much everything in his path.

5.  Baking and Cooking and lots of it!

I also checked making Martha's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Squares off my list. Oh.My.Goodness...these were awesome!! Make them...now!

I tried two new recipes and both were great!

And these Chocolate Peanut Butter Pots are so darn good! Beware, you may be tempted to eat the whole batch yourself. They are so good, you will pop them in your mouth like grapes!
Dangerously delicious.


6. Making homemade Play-Doh.
 It still always surprises me how long (this was well over an hour) the boys will play with the simple things. Ahhh...makes for a good day!

Just like when Jackers cut paper for 45 minutes.


 7. Breaking down and cutting Owen's hair.

Only after a woman at our gym "swore he was a girl for the past year"! 
Really....Really!?!?!
I couldn't believe my ears!
So, I decided maybe he was ready for a trim to just clean it up a bit.
It was needed regardless of what that silly woman said.
Note to self...never ever say that to a mother.
(When in doubt-keep your mouth shut..I'm just saying)

And look-a dog triangle!


and a dancing dog.

Happy Friday!!

1 comment:

Anne Wallisch said...

These are so fabulous.........cooking with Superman, I want to join in on the fun!
GiGi