Monday, July 19, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Jack attended his very first summer camp (well, besides Camp MiMi-PaPa) last week. It was held at a local gymnastics gym and its theme was Super Hero. So, it was a little bit of gymnastics, tumbling, crafting, safety and super hero's all mixed into one for a three-day camp. It was pretty much perfection for the Jackers and I must say pretty nice for his Momma as well! I think another one is in his future!

Last day of camp. He needed to dress-up like a Super Hero (aka Batman, Superman, Spiderman), but we just don't have anything like that yet! We improvised and he went as Captain America.

There he goes, off to his last day of camp.
Next thing I know, he will be off to his first day of Kindergarten.



What happened to this Jack?
                                                             Image by JM Photography
In this picture, Jack is the same age as Owen is now.
Time.slow.down.

2. These are the books currently on my bedside table. Have any of you out there in Blog Land read any of these? Which one should I go with next?


3.  More evidence that I am old. My 16-year old cousin, Emily, came for a visit recently. She was reading Us Magazine and mentioned that she could not believe that Megan Fox got married. And here is the conversation that followed:

Me: " I know and to Brian Austin Green."
She gave me a little puzzled look, so I asked her, "Em, do you know who that is?" 

Emily:  "Ahh, no!" 
I couldn't believe my ears as BH 90210 was a staple of my tween/teen years! I was a faithful watcher and if for some reason I couldn't, I VHS taped it (of course!).

Me:  "Have you ever seen Beverly Hills 90210? Do you know who Tori Spelling is?" 

Emily: "I think I have seen it, wait, is Tori Spelling a girl or a guy? Maybe I don't know who that is, but I swear I have seen that show...I think!"

Really?

4. The fruits of our labor our starting to show and someone is very excited about this.

It's a baby Beefsteak or is it a Big-Boy?
I can't remember.



5. I jumped on the bandwagon and made two things I am seeing a lot of lately. 

Headboard Bench....I followed this tutorial and it was perfect. After sanding, painting, distressing, antiquing, painting again (b/c the antiquing didn't work so well) and sanding some more...I still think it needs something. I am thinking a stenciled design on the seat of the bench?

Tie T-Shirt.....I followed this tutorial and it was so easy! Instead of sewing around the edges, I hand-sewed embroidery stitching. I like...I like a lot! More ideas brewing!








6.  I really, like really, really want to do:

Board and Batten somewhere in my house.

and 

make myself some new lamps or paint some new lamps.

and

oh, just a little project known as painting my kitchen cabinets and island a creamy white!
She did it here and in less than 24 hours. Hmmm.......

7. We attended Woofstock this past Saturday as Pat's company was volunteering at the event. And we came home with him.....
Yes, we are the proud new foster parents to a rescued Golden Retriever named Beasley.
 He is such a great dog, but the bottom line is: we are such suckers.

We will see......

8.  Giraffes in Wisconsin Dells....who knew?



9. MUST find a way to go to this grand event!


Anyone want to go with me?


10. Read THIS and then go give big hugs to your hunny and your kiddos, stat!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't believe you guys got another dog! He is so cute! I need to email you! But yes!!! Board and Batten and painted cabinets. I just dont know how the 24 hour paint job went though. . .it has to take longer than that??? Oh--Water For Elephants--Great book! Plus they are making the movie!

Jane said...

Water for Elephants!!!

although love Jennifer Weiner too, but haven't read that book yet.

Love the Tie shirt... may have to make one for Charlie! too cute!

Anne Wallisch said...

Read ALL of them! I loved them all.
The Pics of the kids are so precious.
GiGi