Thursday, September 6, 2012

Jack and Kindergarten.

I thought this day would never come. Okay, I knew it would come, but not this soon. It seemed as though I was thinking about it and talking about it forever and then BAM!...Jack became a Kindergartner. He's now three days in and absolutely loving every minute of it.

We talked a lot about Jack starting school over the weekend while we were with family. This made my emotions start brewing in my chest and my throat would get tight with sadness...pure sadness. I just knew that come his first day, I would be a weeping mess as I was kissing him goodbye and sending him off into the big, real world. 

To my surprise this was not the case on Tuesday morning. Addy was awake almost every hour the night prior, so I woke up later than I had planned. It was then a busy, mad dash to get us all ready, get pictures of Jack and get him to and walk him into school. I just didn't even have time to be a weeping mess that morning. Sad, yes I was very sad, but no tears. And Jack was all, I'm good Mommy...you don't need to hold my hand Mommy...get going Mommy.

Jack's highlight of Kindergarten thus far...recess. Such a boy.

1st Day of Kindergarten
2012


1st Day of Preschool
2011


No comments: