Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Because I need to start somewhere...


1. Pat worked late every night last week. It gets to be a lot when I don't have my partner in crime walk in the door to rescue me during the witching hour. The one thing that got me through was when the kiddos were tucked into bed and drifting off to sleep, I would veg on the couch and watch a daily taped episode of Ellen Degeneres. I heart Ellen!

2. My mantel is still decorated with a summer theme. Oh the horror! Here are some cute fall leaf printables I might have to use once I finally get my butt in gear and change to a fall theme. Here is some inspiration as well.

3. I also had Owen finger paint one afternoon last week with the hopes of creating something like this for my fall mantel or somewhere in my house. 


4. I love Fall...love, love, love it! But, I'm not quite ready for it as I am still mourning the loss of summer. Crazy as it sounds though,  I am having a craving for soup making. I want to make batches and batches of soup to freeze for the impending Minnesota winter. I'm weird like that. So far I'm thinking....
lasagna soup
beer cheese soup
chicken tortilla soup
Copycat Olive Garden e Fagioli soup 
Corn and Chicken Chowder 

**I started this post last week...oh that is how I roll these days. Anywho, between now and then, I made the Lasagna Soup recipe. It is so fantastic...so delicious....so yummy! I added all the cheeses she recommended (of course, I am from Wisconsin, you know), which is a must if you make it too.

5. Now I need to eat my next batch of soup out of one of these.

6. Owen is still telling us about all his visits to Africa. He goes there everyday. Most recently, Owen told us he came upon a giraffe with a broken neck, "but she was okay mommy because I stapled and taped her neck back on". I think we will need to take this child on a Bison Safari. Right here in Minnesota...who knew?!?

7. Speaking of Owen, he is liking preschool, but when I asked him if he wanted to go back this week he said very matter of factly, "Ummm, no." When I asked him why, he told me, "well Mommy because you know that block room with all the blocks....well, I have to help pick up the blocks and that is way to hard on me...I just can't do it."  And that is exactly why preschool will be good for him.

 


8. And speaking of school, Jack is in love with Kindergarten. He is so happy and just plain ole' excited about the whole experience. I don't get a lot of information from him, but the stuff he is pumped about, he shares with me. For example, daily recess, mastering the monkey bars on the playground, learning syllables, everything single thing about Phy. Ed., hot lunch, learning to write his name in kindergarten style, and his very first field trip on a bus (bus being the highlight).


 9. Addy needs a pair of these as soon as she starts walking.

10. I just bought a couple of these for her room. Owls make me smile.

11.

 
 12. I am still filled with Instalove.



No comments: