Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday Five

1. My younger brother Keefe turns 28 years-old tomorrow, which I find so hard to believe! I swear it was just yesterday that he was 10 years-old asking me how to draw his name in bubble letters while beating me in Mario Bros. on our Nintendo. Anywho, we had Keefe and his wife Holly over for a birthday dinner on Tuesday night. The boys were all into helping me decorate a wee bit and it was great fun watching their excitement. Also, if there are balloons involved, Jack and Owen will be there in full force. Happy Birthday Keefe!




His birthday cake was an ultimate chocolate chip cookie n' oreo fudge brownie bar. Oh my gah! One layer of chocolate chip cookie, next layer is Double (yes, double) Stuff Oreos (whole), then top that with fudge brownies...need.I.say.more?!?!

I also tried this new recipe for a starter...oh my, I may just have found a strong competitor to  Pioneer Woman's Hot Artichoke Dip!

2. I let Owen stay up one day this week and play Trios with his brother and watch an episode of Scooby-Doo instead of taking his standard 2-3 hour afternoon nap.


It didn't work, he was fast asleep in 20 minutes.


3. Don't these BaNilla Sandwich Cookies look yummy and super cute to boot?!

I think they would be a great snack to make with the boys help, although they may eat all the sprinkles before we get chance to roll these cuties in them.

4. In related news, I sat down to eat a perfectly ripe, deliciously-looking pear the other afternoon when in swept two little and very cute scavengers. 


Before I knew it, my pear was gone. 

5. We have been playing in leaves, lots of leaves!


1 comment:

Anne Wallisch said...

I love the leaf pic - such a great fall memory!
HHKK
GiGi