Thursday, April 14, 2011

Today 2.0.

Today....

1. I have these slow cooking in the crockpot. It smells delicious in this house! I have made this french dip recipe probably 4 or 5 times in the last 6 months, they are that good! Really, you need to make and make them now.

2. I wore socks with my Nikes (even though on Tuesday I told myself I had officially retired my socks for the season) and my winter coat for goodness sake (even though on Tuesday I was not wearing a coat). And the weatherman is predicting snow tomorrow night...really?!?! This is the price we pay for living in Northwestern Wisconsin.


3. Magical jellybeans mysteriously appeared for the boys. The boys of course wanted to eat them, but I advised them to do as Jack (of Jack and the Beanstalk) did and plant them.

So that is just what they did Jack did while Owen ate most of his jellybeans.



We then played at the park, threw rocks in the river, walked along the railroad tracks (cause we're dangerous like that!), ate lunch that the DQ and guessing the entire time if our magical jellybeans would grow and what they would grow to be.


And when we got home....

Magical Lollipops

The boys loved it!
(Jack insisted on wearing his shirt backwards..."the seven is supposed to be in front Mom".)

4. I am contemplating taking time off from the ole' Facebook. It's a time suck.

5. I am dreaming of making fabric roller shades or a ceiling lamp complete with IKEA striped fabric for Jack's new room. I have never (ever) had the time to search out IKEA textiles as I am always with my boys when I am there. Next up: a solo trip to the big blue store.

6. Seriously thinking about red furniture with blue striped walls for Owen's room. Kinda like this and this.

7. Excitedly anticipating Will Ferrell's debut on The Office tonight!


8. I am wondering how this munchkin,

turned into this big boy?


9. And I am also wondering where I can find myself one of these,
Oh my that is blurry.
and a bunch of these bottles?
Both from the Idea House.

No comments: