Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Torn between two worlds is right!

I am a bit of a blog stalker. As a momma, a stay-at-home momma, a momma of two boys, a "wanna-be" photographer (or more like lover of photography), a lover of cooking/baking and a woman with a growing creative soul wanting to burst out of me, etc....I find blogs an endless source of information, knowledge and inspiration for all these different sides of me.

As a momma, quite often, I will read a blog and think "YES!"...that is exactly what I am feeling or what I am going through. For example, when I read about another mommy's experience with her preschooler napping (napless) situation on THIS blog, I had one of those "YES!" moments.

After writing about it HERE and giving it much thought, I have decided not to fight my little Jackers into taking a nap anymore. Jack now has rest/quite time in his room where he will read his books or use his leapfrog. Sometimes this will develop into an actual nap and sometimes it does not. I really do miss the 2-3 hour naps he would once take, but I am slowly becoming okay with this situation. Plus, if Jack does not nap (because he assures me he doesn't need one) then it is early and instantly to bed for the night. 

Jack is torn between these two worlds of nap and no nap. Or as we see it quite often, nap in bed or nap in the hallway. Believe me, Jack insisted, "Momma, I don't need to sleep today".


Okay buddy!

1 comment:

Anne Wallisch said...

Out of the mouths of babes! I love it!
Believe me, this little boy's momma once said to her momma, "I can't go to sleep because if I do, I will forget was I was thinking about"!
HHKK
GiGi