Saturday, December 17, 2011

7 Days!

Only 7 more days until Christmas Day and only 4 more days until Jack turns 5 years old! 

How can this be possible? I feel like I am making progress on my to-do list while at the same time making no progress at all. Holiday (and birthday) shopping, preparations, cooking, baking, decorating, etc. are fun and sorta crazy all at the same time! Do you ever feel like this? I guess I just have to breath, take it one list item at a time and enjoy myself (and try to get as much done during the week when there are actual parking spots and no long lines!). I want this time to be about my boys and our family and creating traditions and making memories and living up that Christmas Magic and reveling in this precious time. For example, today, our little family of four made Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments (recipe here). It went fantastic. I could not have cared less about the flour sprinkled all over my kitchen because this Bub and his brother were two very happy little boys!
Enjoy these last few days before Christmas!


I will leave you with my favorite Christmas Commercial this season.....

This one is slightly different than the one I have seen on television, but it's still so cute and soooo true!

1 comment:

Anne Wallisch said...

I can't believe Jack is 5 yrs old! What a sweetie!